A 31-year-old man was shot and killed in Hanover Park Avenue on Friday March 18, at about 10.50pm.
Philippi police spokesperson Lieutenant Lance Goliath, said the man had a single gunshot wound to his neck.
“The suspects are unknown and still at large. It has yet to be determined if the incident was gang-related and what the motive was.”
Philippi police Station Commander Lieutenant-Colonel Dennis Abels condemned the killing, saying his officers will maintain a zero tolerance approach towards criminals.
The community is urged to come forward with information. Contact the investigation officer Detective Sergeant Zamuxolo Lengesi at 073 676 8983 or 021 690 1517. SAPS has a reward system for information about crime which results in the successful arrest and prosecution of criminals.
* Lansdowne SAPS is urging the public to assist them in finding two suspects wanted for a hijacking that happened in November 2014. Both Ashley Williams, 36, and Belinda Williams, 34, failed to return at their last court appearance. The pair’s last known address is 13 Twist Road, Manenberg. Police have warned the community not to approach them, as they might be dangerous.
If you can assist, contact investigating officer Lieutenant Ricardo Hartman, at 021 700 9000.
* The City of Cape Town’s law enforcement stability unit, deployed to the Manenberg precinct, arrested a 31-year-old man on Thursday March 17 for the possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition.
Manenberg SAPS spokesperson Lieutenant Ian Bennett said: “They received information about a suspicious man, walking with a firearm in and around Sabie Walk. There were also incidents of stone throwing in the area. As members approached, they saw a man with the firearm in his hand. He started to run, but members of the stability unit cornered him, and he threw the firearm on the roof of a house in Sabie Walk. Police found the 45mm 357 Magnum revolver, loaded with six rounds (of ammunition).
* Members of Operation Combat confiscated tik and unga at a house in Third Avenue, Sherwood Park, on Monday March 14, after reacting to a tip-off.
The house was searched and five packets of uncut tik, valued at R10 000 and 51 units of unga, valued at R3 000, were found hidden on top of a cupboard in the bedroom.
“The community and parents need to be aware of who frequents their homes and who their children are involved with. This could be very serious, and an innocent person could be arrested when these quantities of drugs are found,” Lieutenant Bennettt said.
* Sector Commanders for Philippi SAPS can be contacted on the following numbers:
* Head of Visible Policing: Lieutenant Colonel Desmond Laing at 082 469 3016
* Sector 1: Warrant Officer Ettienne Conradie at 082 522 0780
* Sector 2: Constable Gregory Philander at 082 522 0781
* The Sector Commander and sector managers for Lansdowne SAPS can be contacted on:
* Sector Commander: Captain Faiz Appels at 079 894 0090
* Sector 1 manager: Sergeant Donny Petersen at 079 894 0085
* Sector 2 manager: Sergeant Elsi Lucas at 079 893 9835
* Sector 3 manager: Sergeant Mogamat Shafiek Manuel at 079 894 1218